
So one day I walked into the break room at work, poured myself a cup of coffee, and then laughed my ass off as I saw this flyer for the first time. To be honest I was a bit surprised at my own amusement. After about 16 months and Fairbanks I’ve grown immune to a lot of this ridiculousness. It’s only once in a while that I still catch myself and think, “WTF?” Which is a little disconcerting.
My intent in starting a blog last year was to document ridiculous Fairbanks things as a means to 1) vent my incredulity; 2) communicate to friends back home the specific things that I find so funny about this place; 3) keep myself rooted in some semblance of my former reality; and 4) get laid. O.k., I made at least one of those things up. But that’s beside the point, which is basically that I’m very grateful that someone posted this flyer in our break room. Sort of snapped me back to reality while simultaneously renewing my urge to share this random crap with others. So, thank you crazy gun raffle man, whoever you are. I hope one of your $100 tickets wins you the biggest, loudest, shiniest gun they make.
(As a side note – Pastor “Bearup”? Really? Is this like “Cowboy up” only with bearing arms instead of gay baseball players in red stockings? Just a thought. I mean, frankly, it sounds made up….)
My intent in starting a blog last year was to document ridiculous Fairbanks things as a means to 1) vent my incredulity; 2) communicate to friends back home the specific things that I find so funny about this place; 3) keep myself rooted in some semblance of my former reality; and 4) get laid. O.k., I made at least one of those things up. But that’s beside the point, which is basically that I’m very grateful that someone posted this flyer in our break room. Sort of snapped me back to reality while simultaneously renewing my urge to share this random crap with others. So, thank you crazy gun raffle man, whoever you are. I hope one of your $100 tickets wins you the biggest, loudest, shiniest gun they make.
(As a side note – Pastor “Bearup”? Really? Is this like “Cowboy up” only with bearing arms instead of gay baseball players in red stockings? Just a thought. I mean, frankly, it sounds made up….)
No comments:
Post a Comment