“I’m sorry all flights have been postpone”
“Ok, when can I get out?”
“Let’s see…. Tomorrow night. I think”
An extra day in Kodiak is not a terrible, or uncommon, thing. The island gets downright battered with wind and rain every September. But it also hosts some incredible runs of big silver salmon. Tomorrow wouldn’t be so bad after all.
While the fishing was pretty good last week, with several hundred coho pouring into coastal streams every day, the catching was a little slow. Which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing in light of the size and fight of the fish and the satisfaction of landing one. The first fish I hooked soon shattered my 9 weight rod. Luckily I brought the 7, too, which served me pretty well and leveled the playing field pretty significantly.
We spent lots of time on the Buskin, a couple half days on the Pasagshak, and a few days on the Olds – all of it cold and wet but most of it a hell of a lot of fun. I think my shit-eating grin in that picture above tells it all.
“Ok, when can I get out?”
“Let’s see…. Tomorrow night. I think”
An extra day in Kodiak is not a terrible, or uncommon, thing. The island gets downright battered with wind and rain every September. But it also hosts some incredible runs of big silver salmon. Tomorrow wouldn’t be so bad after all.
While the fishing was pretty good last week, with several hundred coho pouring into coastal streams every day, the catching was a little slow. Which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing in light of the size and fight of the fish and the satisfaction of landing one. The first fish I hooked soon shattered my 9 weight rod. Luckily I brought the 7, too, which served me pretty well and leveled the playing field pretty significantly.
We spent lots of time on the Buskin, a couple half days on the Pasagshak, and a few days on the Olds – all of it cold and wet but most of it a hell of a lot of fun. I think my shit-eating grin in that picture above tells it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment